Friday, October 22, 2010

Top 10 Songs - on my list anyway


Do you get that feeling that every time when you've pen down your (or what you think your!) fave songs are, you tend to change your mind? Well, I get that all the time. I am after all, very infamous when it comes to being fickle minded. It's my middle name! "Lily Fickle Minded Adelina" - Hmmmm..does not sound appealing, at all! But I digress.

Anyhoo, I thought of jotting down my fave songs of all time (as of 22 October 2010 ;p).

1. A Perfect Circle - 3 Libras
When you're depressed, please listen to this song. If you think that this is the end of you, please listen to this song. If you think that you are not worthy of anything, please listen to this song. Seriously. Please listen to this song. You don't know what depression, end of life and worthless means UNTIL you have listen to this song.

2. Kylie Minogue - Spinning Around
*drops jaw*.  "Lily? WTH?? Kylie Minogue?". Yes, gone were the days where I'd be fantasizing on having a happy albeit weird marital life with Marilyn Manson. I like this song because, becauuuuuuse, becauuuuuuuuuuse..well, I do have my gedik times and this song is befitting to cater to my gedik-ness.

3. Metallica - The House That Jack Built
For the amazing riffs and James Hetfield's sexxaaaay voice *purrr*.

4. Metallica - Wherever I May Roam
Two words. Kirk Hammet *droooool*.

5. Butterfingers - Mating Season
No, it's not about that. It's about losing hope and dream and for "when everything else fails" situation. I replayed this song for like a million times right before I sat for my final exams in my fourth year back in UIA. Nope, I didn't fail the subject, I think I got A- ;p.

6. Corrine Bailey Rae - Trouble Sleeping
For her luscious voice and mesmerizing lyrics *goosebumps*.

7. Amy Winehouse - Love is a Losing Game
Seriously. The lyrics. How I wish I had the ability to be creative like her. Uber creative. And her voice, need I say more? But I wished she could've done something about her personal life. And the hair, what's up with the beehive? 

8. Boyz II Men - Colours of Love
I always choke up and cry when I listen to this. Strangely enough, it reminds me a lot of my mum. I miss her. I miss her a lot *cries*.

9. The Smashing Pumpkins - Try, Try, Try
I can see a pattern here. No, I am not depressed but I like listening to depressing songs. Depressing songs are very honest. It comes from the heart. This song is about trying one's best at achieving something but it always gets back lashed by one's lust and desires.  It's a reminder that humans are fallible and vulnerable. 

10. Lauren Wood - Fallen
When Lily met Farid ;).

What' yours? Am tagging Sasha, Shuey and Aja (again!) because they didn't do it the first time round!!

2 comments:

~Serenity~ said...

ok lil,aku promise i'll do dis one..SOON ok..hehe.tp aku punye lagu byk tangkap lelehla.. and hint: avril lavigne tetap di dlm hatiku..haha

takheransangat said...

haha. sila2. leleh pon takpe :p